VYXEOS is a chemotherapy that provides a potent delivery of 2 drugs at a synergistic ratio1
VYXEOS has been shown to deliver daunorubicin and cytarabine at a synergistic molar ratio and persist in the bone marrow for a prolonged period of time1-4
- The synergistic 1:5 molar ratio of daunorubicin and cytarabine has been shown to enhance the killing of leukemia cells in vitro and in murine models1
- This ratio was shown to be maintained in the plasma for up to 24 hours in a Phase 1 clinical trial4
- The longer half-life of VYXEOS results in greater drug exposure within the plasma and bone marrow than traditional chemotherapy1,4
- Estimated median half-life of daunorubicin was 32 hours with VYXEOS vs 19 hours as free drug1,5
- Estimated median half life of cytarabine was 40 hours with VYXEOS vs approximately 1-3 hours as free drug1,6
aCytarabine 100 mg/m2 and daunorubicin 60 mg/m2.